Care from the comfort of your home
Women’s Health & Surgery Center now offers video-based telemedicine, so you can stay home and still receive care!
Telemedicine lets you connect to your provider remotely over video, and is a great alternative for visits that do not need a physical exam. Telemedicine visits are great for: follow-up visits, reviewing your labs and test results, medication questions and refills.
You must be an existing patient and have a scheduled appointment to access our telemedicine support.
Telemedicine Link: Click Here
Before your Visit
- Please review and agree to the Telemedicine Informed Consent.
- Ensure you are in a quiet, safe space with access to a computer or device with camera/microphone.
- If you can provide the following information to us at your visit it would be very helpful:
- Height, weight, blood pressure, temperature
Ready for your telemedicine appointment?
1. Use a computer or device with camera/microphone
2. Click here to start your visit:
3. Type in your full legal name and click Check In
4. Allow your browser to use your webcam and microphone
5. Your care provider will start your visit!
What is telemedicine and what can it be used for?
- Telemedicine lets you connect to your provider remotely over video. Telemedicine is a great alternative for visits that do not need a physical exam.
What are the advantages of telemedicine?
- Telemedicine makes it possible for you to consult with your primary care physician via video.
- Allows access to specialty care
- Reduced chances of catching a new illness. (Reduces risks of exposure to communicable diseases – especially important for persons with compromised immunity, pregnant women or elderly)
- Eliminated transportation time and costs:
- Money spent on gas, parking, and public transportation are immediately terminated. Also, providing immediate relief to those in rural areas or with limited physical abilities.
- Not required to take time off from work or school.
- Broader reach to specialists:
- Some visits with specialists require longer commute times. When you’re dealing with a serious health ailment, you should be able to consult with the best.
How do I schedule a telemedicine appointment?
- At this time please call your medical provider’s office to schedule a telemedicine appointment to determine if your medical concern can be handled remotely.
As a new patient, am I eligible?
- We are working quickly to offer telemedicine for new patients. In the meantime please call the office to schedule your first appointment.
Will my insurance cover my visits?
- During this coronavirus outbreak most insurance companies are expanding their coverage for telemedicine. Typically a telemedicine visit is treated the same way as an in-person visit for insurance billing purposes. For individual coverage questions, always contact your insurance provider.
What types of visits can I schedule through telemedicine?
- Telemedicine visits are great for follow-up visits, medication questions, reviewing lab and test results and general questions. Some examples include consultations for birth control and contraception, menstrual problems, and mental wellness.
- Advantia uses secure and HIPAA compliant video platforms to protect patients’ health information and privacy.
How can I check – in for my first telemedicine appointment?
- Your providers office will share a personalized web link with you. This link works with any browser on a computer/device that is equipped with camera and microphone.
What devices can I use for my appointment?
- You can use a computer with a webcam or a smartphone with camera and microphone. Please ensure you have adequate broadband
- internet connection or a data plan for your smartphone.
Telemedicine Informed Consent
Please read this document completely.
By utilizing this telemedicine service, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
- You are a current patient of the Practice and are 18 years or older.
- You have scheduled your telemedicine appointment in advance with the Practice.
- This is not an emergency situation. If this is an emergency please contact emergency services by calling 911 immediately.
You have the right, as a patient, to be informed about your condition and the recommended surgical, medical, or diagnostic procedure to be used so that you may decide whether to undergo the procedure after knowing the risks and hazards involved. By utilizing the Practice’s telemedicine services you agree:
- Telemedicine involves the use of electronic communications. Electronic systems used will include measures to safeguard your information.
- Our providers may use the information you provide for purposes of diagnosis, recommending therapy or treatment follow-up and/or education. The information you may be asked to provide may include any of the following:
- Patient medical records
- Medical images
- Live two-way audio and video
- Output data from medical devices and sound and video files.
- Cost: You will be responsible for any copayment, coinsurance, deductible or other out of pocket cost as determined by your insurance carrier and such may be charged by the practice before or after the telemedicine visit. If you are not covered by insurance, you will be responsible for the billed charges for the telemedicine service.
- Potential Benefits: The potential benefits of this service may include, without guarantee, improved access to medical care by enabling a patient to remain in his/her location.
- Potential Risks: As with any medical procedure, there are potential risks associated with the use of telemedicine. While the likelihood may be low, these risks may include, without limitation, the following:
- The inability to have direct, physical contact with the patient may impact the quality of service.
- The quality of transmitted data may affect the quality of services.
- Certain limitations of telehealth services may require you to have an office visit.
- Delays in medical evaluation or treatment may occur due to deficiencies or failures of the equipment which may include poor video and data quality.
- Security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal medical information.
- Lack of access to complete medical records may result in adverse drug interactions or allergic reactions or other negative outcomes.
You hereby further acknowledge and agree to the following:
- I have the right to withhold or withdraw my consent to the use of telemedicine in the course of my care at any time without affecting my right to future care or treatment.
- The laws that protect privacy and confidentiality of medical information also apply to telemedicine.
- Telemedicine is one of the variety of modalities for the provision of medical care that may be available to me.
- I may refuse to participate in a telemedicine interaction and ask my provider about alternative methods of care.
- If my provider believes I would be better served by another form of service (e.g. in person), I may need to make an in-office appointment for appropriate care.
- In the event of an advance reaction to treatment or an inability to communicate as a result of a technical or equipment failure, I understand I may need to seek follow-up care or assistance at the recommendation of my provider.
- I understand that no warranty or guarantee has been made to me with regards to any results or cure.
- I have been given an opportunity to ask questions about my condition, alternative forms of anesthesia and treatment, risks of non-treatment, the procedures to be used, and the risks and hazards involved, and I believe that I have sufficient information to give this informed consent.
- I have read and understand the information provided above regarding telemedicine and hereby authorize my provider and its employees, agents and independent contractors, to use telemedicine in the course of my diagnosis and treatment.
BY ENGAGING IN THIS TELEMEDICINE SESSION YOU AGREE AND CERTIFY THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ABOVE, AND UNDERSTAND THE RISKS AND BENEFITS OF TELEMEDICINE. BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS YOU HEREBY GIVE YOUR INFORMED CONSENT TO PARTICIPATE IN A TELEMEDICINE VISIT AND FOR THE USE OF TELEMEDICINE IN YOUR MEDICAL CARE.